|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 3:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 6:25 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The 23-year-old Charlotte County woman who was stabbed multiple times Saturday in the face, neck, hands and eye, is now in stable condition at Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers. MCU detectives say the woman will remain in the hospital several days, due to her injuries. Detectives are not releasing the victim’s name as the case remains open and active.
Michael Ray See, 19, of 11290 Pineapple Road, remains in the Charlotte County Jail on a charge of Attempted Murder with no bond. See was the object of a nine-hour manhunt by deputies, detectives, K9 and Aviation helicopter in the South Punta Gorda Heights area.
CCSO received the call at 6:56 p.m. after the woman was beaten and then stabbed with a knife in the kitchen. She did manage to escape and get to a neighbor who then called CCSO. The victim and See were both living in the same home; she was transported by EMS to Lee Memorial Hospital.
A deputy spotted See in the area of Pepper Road and Olive Circle walking back to his home at 3:57 a.m.. He was taken into custody without incident.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Whales stranded in Fla.: From despair to optimism
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added