|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 5:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 7:10 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. -UPDATE: Cape Coral's city council will discuss the lease agreement with KC's Riverstop at the council meeting on February 4th.
The city does tell WINK News that the restaurant has paid off its overdue rent in full.
January 28, 2013
The fate of a well-known restaurant is in the hand of Cape Coral's city council. WINK News was the first to tell you that KC's Riverstop is behind on its rent.
The restaurant is located at the Cape Coral Yacht Club. City council members tonight will have to agree or disagree to renew the restaurant's lease for another three years.
That's because the city owns the Cape Coral Yacht Club, where the restaurant is located.
But the future is uncertain, because the restaurant is behind on its rent payments. Betty Serrago is one of the owners and told WINK Bews in an exclusive interview earlier this month that they are doing all they can to catch up on rent.
According to the city, their current rent is over $3,000 a month. But because the restaurant has been late, the city could consider new ideas for the use of the site.
The restaurant's lease is up this June.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained