|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 4:49 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 5:10 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police have re-opened McGregor Boulevard after a deadly accident near Olmeda Way that happened just after 3:00 a.m.
A 2001 Toyota Avalon was headed north on McGregor Boulevard when the driver overcorrected, lost control of the car and hit a palm tree.
The driver, 50-year-old Paul Pombier, was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital trauma alert. The passenger 25-year-old Tiffany Thomas was pronounced dead on scene.
Police say both alcohol and speed played a role in the crash.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- State Fire Marshal investigates possible attempted arson