|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 8:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 8:00 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Police say almost 70 adults were arrested during this year's Gasparilla Pirate Festival.
A police statement says 60 of the 68 arrests were misdemeanors such as disorderly conduct, petit theft, marijuana possession and one charge of giving alcohol to a minor. More than thirty people of the arrests included underage drinking.
Police say officers did not encounter younger teenagers under the influence as in previous years.
Over 130 citations were issued at Tampa's answer to Mardi Gras.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776