|Published:||Jan 27, 2013 9:56 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 27, 2013 9:56 AM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- An 82-year-old man died in an accident while riding his motorcycle in Charlotte County on Saturday.
Florida Highway Patrol says a driver was stopped at Veterans Blvd. and Norman Street and pulled forward to make a left turn and didn't see 82-year-old Elmer Morra approaching on his bike.
Troopers say Morra tried to stop and lay the motorcycle on its side, but hit the car and was thrown from his bike.
The accident happened just after 3 p.m. on Saturday.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash