|Published:||Jan 27, 2013 6:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 27, 2013 6:03 PM EST|
FORT MYERS-Fla.- New Life Worship Center parishioners sang, they rapped, they read poems and they danced. They hope their powerful message of change reaches the people who need to hear it the most.
Senior Pastor Eric Johnson said, "We had a whole side of the church filled with men because they go through a lot and we encouraged them and inspired them to do great things."
Everyone here is praying for a safer tomorrow. In 2012 there were 24 murders in Fort Myers snd there has been 1 so far in 2013.
Tiwannia Bryant is a parishioner. She said, "Today's service was awesome. It is teaching us as parents we need to raise our children properly."
Parishioner Carmen Pratt said, "As families we need to pray and we need to seek God's faith and go away from the things that are wrong and then God will be the difference in our lives."
300 people attended two of the special masses today. The Senior Pastor tells us they hope to hold similar church services in the near future.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore