|Published:||Jan 27, 2013 6:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 27, 2013 6:03 PM EST|
FORT MYERS-Fla.- New Life Worship Center parishioners sang, they rapped, they read poems and they danced. They hope their powerful message of change reaches the people who need to hear it the most.
Senior Pastor Eric Johnson said, "We had a whole side of the church filled with men because they go through a lot and we encouraged them and inspired them to do great things."
Everyone here is praying for a safer tomorrow. In 2012 there were 24 murders in Fort Myers snd there has been 1 so far in 2013.
Tiwannia Bryant is a parishioner. She said, "Today's service was awesome. It is teaching us as parents we need to raise our children properly."
Parishioner Carmen Pratt said, "As families we need to pray and we need to seek God's faith and go away from the things that are wrong and then God will be the difference in our lives."
300 people attended two of the special masses today. The Senior Pastor tells us they hope to hold similar church services in the near future.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption