|Published:||Jan 26, 2013 8:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 26, 2013 8:38 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A 13-year-old boy faces charges after Orange County authorities say he pointed a laser at a sheriff's office helicopter.
A sheriff's office statement says the helicopter was struck twice with the laser Friday evening in the Orlando area. The pilot was able to see where the laser was coming from and deputies later found the boy with his parents.
Authorities say charges are being filed against the boy, who was not arrested. His parents were cooperative with deputies.
The sheriff's office statement says this is the second time this week that a laser was pointed at one of their helicopters.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral