|Published:||Jan 26, 2013 8:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 26, 2013 8:52 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A Pinellas County man has been charged in a double hit-and-run that left one person dead and another with serious injuries.
A St. Petersburg police statement says 21-year-old Timothy Deacon was arrested Friday night on charges that include DUI manslaughter, DUI with serious bodily injury and leaving the scene of a crash involving death. Jail records did not immediately list his bond.
Police say Deacon was driving carelessly when he drove over a curb and up on a sidewalk along the waterfront, hitting 67-year-old Gloria Mastell and 71-year-old Roger Wurr. Mastell was knocked over the seawall and into the water. She was pronounced dead on the scene. Wurr was taken to the hospital with life threatening injuries.
Police say Deacon fled the scene but was later arrested at his home.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New South Fla. threat: invasive rock pythons
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- More cash real estate purchases in Fla.
- Burglary suspect caught on camera using stolen cards
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Gov. SCott gives Florida Unemployment Numbers
- Lee County woman loses $4k in 'grandparents scam'
- Water main break repair affects traffic on Marco Island
- 4 die in fiery crash along Miami's Okeechobee Road
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida