|Published:||Jan 26, 2013 8:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 26, 2013 8:27 AM EST|
Today the Lee County Homeless Coalition is sponsoring their 13th Annual Homeless Service Day and Veterans Stand Down.
The event will take place at City of Palms Stadium, 2201 Edison Avenue, Fort Myers, from 8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This is a one-day event where a variety of services including food, hygiene kits, backpacks, flu shots, hair cuts, information on VA benefits, and referrals for substance abuse and mental health counseling will be available to anyone who is homeless.
By providing these services, the Coalition hopes it may help to break the cycle of homelessness. The National Veterans Homeless Support has provided a grant to help fund this event and the Coalition will be conducting their Annual Homeless Census during this event.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors