|Published:||Jan 26, 2013 8:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 26, 2013 8:27 AM EST|
Today the Lee County Homeless Coalition is sponsoring their 13th Annual Homeless Service Day and Veterans Stand Down.
The event will take place at City of Palms Stadium, 2201 Edison Avenue, Fort Myers, from 8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This is a one-day event where a variety of services including food, hygiene kits, backpacks, flu shots, hair cuts, information on VA benefits, and referrals for substance abuse and mental health counseling will be available to anyone who is homeless.
By providing these services, the Coalition hopes it may help to break the cycle of homelessness. The National Veterans Homeless Support has provided a grant to help fund this event and the Coalition will be conducting their Annual Homeless Census during this event.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements