|Published:||Jan 25, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 25, 2013 4:59 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Glasses will be raised tonight for Southwest Florida charities at the annual Naples Winter Wine Fest! Since 2001, the festival has raised more than $100 million to help at risk kids.
The Naples Winter Wine Fest is certainly known for some of its unique auction pieces and this is one of them. A 2013 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta is certainly one of its kind in the U.S. right now. As if the vehicle weren't enough, the winner will get private instruction from professional racers on a Formula One track in Quebec Canada, as well as two tickets to the Formula One Grand Prix this year.
"Every car they come up with is always pushing the envelope. This is the most powerful GT that Ferrari ever built. It will be very exclusive whoever gets this car," said Eduardo Marques, a Ferrari racing instructor.
That isn't the only exclusive item for auction this year, by far. Organizers gave WINK News a sneak peek inside the lot room, which features donations of exclusive wines, custom showpiece furniture and luxury trips.
But in case you thought it was all fun and games, here's a number for you: 12 million. It's the amount of money raised just last year for the Naples Children and Education Foundation.
"The stories just go on and on. I'm brought to tears every day when I hear stories like...we've had children that have shared glasses and now have two pairs of glasses from funding from us," said Julie Ravenel of the Naples Children and Education Foundation.
By the way, one of the highest bids ever at a charity wine auction worldwide happened here at the Naples Winter Wine Festival. The lucky bidder in 2007 put down $2 million and walked away with a Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe. Expectations for this year's bids are just as high.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted