|Published:||Jan 25, 2013 11:16 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 25, 2013 11:24 PM EST|
EUSTIS, FL--Two central Florida towns are showering love on a father and husband as he prepares to bury his wife and two daughters.
Cecilia, Madison and Rylee Douglas died following a crash on Alligator Alley Monday morning and friends and family in Mount Dora are cherishing the memories they left behind.
"You would walk through the door at the church and you would have to watch your back because you never know what she had set up for you," said friend of Cecilia's Shanon Parker,
Two of Cecilia Douglas's best friends remember all the good times they've had and they say Cecilia was one of a kind.
"You would be having a terrible day and you would just see her and your day would turn around in to a smile," Parker said.
The Douglas family is well known in the town of Eustis. Cecilia was the children's minister at Bay Street Baptist Church for nearly five years.
Her former co-worker and friend Donna Perman remembers the first day they met.
"She came in and I said wow, you are the cutest thing I have seen in a long time," said Perman.
Cecilia is a country girl from South Carolina and in 2006 she and Nathan got married. Shortly after the marriage, Madison and Rylee were born.
"Those two little girls, they just loved each other," said Perman.
But early this week Cecilia, Madison and Rylee died in a tragic car crash on Alligator Alley.
"I got the call from Nathan that she was gone. She was one of my best friends," said Parker.
Both Rylee and Cecilia passed away Monday, but Madison fought for her life until Tuesday evening
Friends say Nathan held each of his girls in their last moments of life.
"As he held those girls that they left the arms of their earthly father and went in to the arms of their heavenly father," said Perman.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape