|Published:||Jan 24, 2013 12:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 24, 2013 5:57 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County woman is in jail, accused of leaving her newborn on a doorstep.
Deputies say 24-year-old Jennifer Brand left her baby in a car seat, wrapped in a blanket, outside what she thought was where the baby's father lived.
Investigators say the baby was outside for about 10 minutes, and that it was 52 degrees outside.
Brand faces child neglect charges.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer