|Published:||Jan 24, 2013 6:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 24, 2013 7:57 AM EST|
PINE ISLAND, Fla. - Some of Southwest Florida's best cuisine will be in one place this weekend. "Taste of Pine Island 2013" is coming to town Saturday, January 26, and Sunday, January 27th.
Visitors can sample food from several local restaurants and enjoy live music.
During the event, there will also be a seafood chowder cook-off and chili competition.
The event takes place at Phillips Park, 5675 Sesame Drive, Bokeelia. Gates open at 11 a.m. Entry costs $5, and children 10 years and younger get in free.
Activities for the kids include rock climbing, face painting, rides, and bounce houses.
All proceeds go to continue the Pine Island Kiwanis Club scholarship Program. The club has given out more than $250,000 dollars in scholarships over the years.
For more information visit www.TasteofPineIsland.com.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school