|Published:||Jan 24, 2013 4:26 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 24, 2013 4:26 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies arrested 60-year-old Dayne Wilson Wednesday on charges of lewd and lascivious battery after he allegedly engaged in an ongoing sexual relationship with a victim between the ages of 12 and 16.
According to the victim, the relationship began in November when Wilson met the victim in the restroom at a local Walmart. The victim said he was approached and asked for his number, which he gave to Wilson out of fear. In the coming weeks, the two allegedly exchanged explicit photographs via text message.
Wilson made three visits to the victim's house, while no one else was home, to engage in sexual behavior.
The relationship came to an end and the investigation began when the victim's aunt caught Wilson in the boy's home. She was there to check up on the boy, as he was not responding to his mother's calls. Wilson claimed he was there to pick up homework for his son who was in class with the victim and had missed school that day.
Before leaving, the victim said Wilson gave him $100 as a Christmas gift, but he had an inclination it was "hush money."
Upon questioning, Wilson told authorities he met the victim on a site called "Megaphone." He claims the victim said he was 24, and that at one point, Wilson questioned the boy's age, but continued the relationship anyway.
According to the arrest report, Wilson admitted to giving the victim money because he threatened to turn him in.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract