|Published:||Jan 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The defamation suit against radio shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge took an unusual turn when the lawyer for the man suing Clem was arrested on a drunk driving charge.
Charles Philip Campbell Jr. - who is the lawyer for Todd "MJ" Schnitt - was pulled over on Wednesday after Tampa police said he violated another driver's right of way. He refused to perform field sobriety exercises or have his blood alcohol level taken.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Uo1su5) reports that Campbell was booked into the county jail and released on $500 bail at 6 a.m. Thursday, then was in court at 8:30 a.m. for the trial.
Judge James Arnold announced there would be no testimony in court so attorneys would work on jury instructions instead. Jurors were sent home.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday