|Published:||Jan 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The defamation suit against radio shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge took an unusual turn when the lawyer for the man suing Clem was arrested on a drunk driving charge.
Charles Philip Campbell Jr. - who is the lawyer for Todd "MJ" Schnitt - was pulled over on Wednesday after Tampa police said he violated another driver's right of way. He refused to perform field sobriety exercises or have his blood alcohol level taken.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Uo1su5) reports that Campbell was booked into the county jail and released on $500 bail at 6 a.m. Thursday, then was in court at 8:30 a.m. for the trial.
Judge James Arnold announced there would be no testimony in court so attorneys would work on jury instructions instead. Jurors were sent home.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'