|Published:||Jan 24, 2013 10:10 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 24, 2013 10:10 AM EST|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A 10-year-old Pensacola boy has died after he was found hanging from a tree across from his house.
Escambia County Sheriff's officials say Brandon Bickley died Wednesday at Sacred Heart Hospital, where he was taken after he was found unresponsive hanging from a rope on Tuesday evening.
The Pensacola News-Journal (http://on.pnj.com/10U5T4Y ) reports witnesses told deputies they say the child playing with a rope tied to a tree branch on Tuesday. Neighbors saw him and cut him down. Another neighbor performed CPR before paramedics arrived.
Grief counselors were available to talk to students at Long Leaf Elementary School, where the child was a third grader.
Rhasheda Bickley told the newspaper her nephew was a loving and outgoing child.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser