|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 10:36 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 12:11 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's School Resource Officer at Port Charlotte High School arrested a 15-year-old student Tuesday for bringing 100 razor blades, marijuana and drug paraphernalia to school.
At 10:30 a.m. the school Assistant Principal called the SRO to his office. A search of the teen’s duffle bag contained an open box of razor blades, two packs of grape cigarillos, and 1 gram of marijuana. The 15-year-old told the SRO he had the blades because he is fascinated with sharp objects and used them to cut things.
The boy was arrested, taken to the Charlotte County Jail on charges of felony Possession of a Weapon on School Grounds, Possession of Marijuana, and Possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released to a parent and placed on home detention for 21 days; he has a mandatory court date this afternoon.
This is his third arrest.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County