|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say a 9-year-old boy was found unresponsive after accidentally hanging himself while playing with a rope in his Pensacola home.
Escambia County Sheriff's spokesman Matt Baxter told the Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/147uIrZ ) that first responders performed CPR on the boy Tuesday night before he was taken to the hospital.
The newspaper reports the child was in critical condition at Sacred Heart Hospital.
Authorities say the incident happened shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
No further details were immediately available. The sheriff's department is investigating.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling