|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say a 9-year-old boy was found unresponsive after accidentally hanging himself while playing with a rope in his Pensacola home.
Escambia County Sheriff's spokesman Matt Baxter told the Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/147uIrZ ) that first responders performed CPR on the boy Tuesday night before he was taken to the hospital.
The newspaper reports the child was in critical condition at Sacred Heart Hospital.
Authorities say the incident happened shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
No further details were immediately available. The sheriff's department is investigating.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras