|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say a 9-year-old boy was found unresponsive after accidentally hanging himself while playing with a rope in his Pensacola home.
Escambia County Sheriff's spokesman Matt Baxter told the Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/147uIrZ ) that first responders performed CPR on the boy Tuesday night before he was taken to the hospital.
The newspaper reports the child was in critical condition at Sacred Heart Hospital.
Authorities say the incident happened shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
No further details were immediately available. The sheriff's department is investigating.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI