|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 1:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 1:37 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a fight between two women over a 15-month-old girl likely led to fatal crash in Miami.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/10tDtZP ) reports the series of events began Tuesday night when 20-year-old Mylife Rivera-Vasquez asked to see her child, Juliet Rivera, who lives with her father and his girlfriend.
According to police Rivera-Vasquez persuaded the girlfriend to meet her so she could see the baby. The mother arrived with several people and punched the girlfriend.
She grabbed the girl and jumped into a car that sped away and crashed into another vehicle. The child and the 22-year-old driver Kristofer Astorga were thrown from the car. He was killed. Police say the mother and child are in critical condition.
Rivera-Vaszquez has been charged with simple battery.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire