|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 11:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 3:52 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Just before 10:45 a.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a crash involving a bicycle. It happened at the intersection of Cleveland Avenue and Moreno Avenue.
The bicyclist was riding on the sidewalk headed north on Cleveland Avenue. To continue that northbound direction on Cleveland, he entered the crosswalk at the intersection of Moreno. The driver of a Ford Windstar was stopped at the intersection of Cleveland and Moreno. The driver of the minivan attempted to make a left turn from Moreno to head south on Cleveland. Witnesses say the driver did not look both ways and hit the bicyclist in the crosswalk.
The bicyclist was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Alert. The victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the minivan was cited for violating the right of way of the bicyclist.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down