|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 11:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 3:52 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Just before 10:45 a.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a crash involving a bicycle. It happened at the intersection of Cleveland Avenue and Moreno Avenue.
The bicyclist was riding on the sidewalk headed north on Cleveland Avenue. To continue that northbound direction on Cleveland, he entered the crosswalk at the intersection of Moreno. The driver of a Ford Windstar was stopped at the intersection of Cleveland and Moreno. The driver of the minivan attempted to make a left turn from Moreno to head south on Cleveland. Witnesses say the driver did not look both ways and hit the bicyclist in the crosswalk.
The bicyclist was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Alert. The victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the minivan was cited for violating the right of way of the bicyclist.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents