|Published:||Jan 23, 2013 10:22 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2013 1:23 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A man is in critical condition after his car collided with another early this morning in Port Charlotte. The crash happened just after 7:00 a.m., near Kings Highway and I-75.
FHP says 27-year-old Hector Negron was sent to Lee Memorial Hospital as a trauma alert. He remains in serious condition. Charlotte County EMS had a chopper on standby for Negron, but he was not fit to fly.
Two passengers, 22-year-old Jose Rivera and 45-year-old Nicolas Ocasio, were treated for minor injuries. Another passenger in the vehicle was not injured.
The driver of the other vehicle, 45-year-old Frank Palmero, sustained minor injuries.
FHP says all parties were wearing their seatbelts and alcohol is not considered a factor in this crash.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti