|Published:||Jan 22, 2013 1:16 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 22, 2013 1:16 PM EST|
MURDOCK, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested a woman who tried to steal two home theater systems from the Murdock Walmart store Monday. Sharika Shanika Smith, 29, of 17810 Murdock Circle, was arrested for Grand Theft. This is Smith’s third arrest.
A Walmart security officer called CCSO at 4:18 p.m. to report hehad a known shoplifter in custody. He said he observed Smith in the electronics department load two items valued at $446 into a shopping cart and exit the store. He detained her until deputies arrived.
Smith was transported to the Charlotte County Jail and was released on $2,500 bond Monday evening.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake