MURDOCK, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested a woman who tried to steal two home theater systems from the Murdock Walmart store Monday. Sharika Shanika Smith, 29, of 17810 Murdock Circle, was arrested for Grand Theft. This is Smith’s third arrest.
A Walmart security officer called CCSO at 4:18 p.m. to report hehad a known shoplifter in custody. He said he observed Smith in the electronics department load two items valued at $446 into a shopping cart and exit the store. He detained her until deputies arrived.
Smith was transported to the Charlotte County Jail and was released on $2,500 bond Monday evening.
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs