|Published:||Jan 22, 2013 1:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 22, 2013 1:29 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, FLla.- The employment services company Manpower just released a survey that says 27 percent of employers are expected to add staff!
Job prospects look best in manufacturing, retail, the finance industry, hospitality and government services.The Cape Coral and Fort Myers area is expected to be the strongest job market in the nation for the first quarter of 2013.
The job market does typically peak here in the winter because there are more residents and tourists, but this year Manpower says six percent more employers say they plan to hire.
The unemployment rate for Cape Coral and Fort Myers is at the lowest it's been in five years at eight percent.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time