|Published:||Jan 22, 2013 11:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 22, 2013 11:44 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- A car crash leads to a death investigation in Lee County when authorities find a body inside the wreckage.
The investigation is happening just North of Liberty Crossing and Wellfield Roads in rural Bonita Springs east of Interstate 75.
Authorities say, after 8:00 P.M. Tuesday night, a driver slammed into the woods in the hidden cypress preserve near the Liberty Youth Ranch. The vehicle burst into flames and the person inside was burned and died.
Investigators will be on scene all night long, gathering evidence in the case.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water