COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A 3-year-old child from Immokalee has died after being critically injured in a crash on Alligator Alley Monday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Rylee Douglas died late Monday night. Her sister, 4-year-old Madison, is in critical condition at a hospital. Their mother, Cecilia Douglas, 33, was also killed in the crash.
Troopers told Wink News, Cecilia Renee Douglas swerved off the road and into a canal, after rear-ending a box truck. Douglas' two small children were also inside the vehicle when it crashed into the canal. FHP says all three were wearing their seat belts, and alcohol is not considered a factor in the crash.
The driver of the box truck, 41-year-old Dargel Diaz Tamayo of Opa Locka, sustained minor injuries. One passenger in the truck was seriously injured, while the other sustained only minor injuries.
To make a donation to help the Douglas family, a memorial fund has been set up at Suntrust Bank:
Douglas Family Memorial Fund
Account number: 157840900
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs
- Rev up your lawnmowers for grasscar racing