|Published:||Jan 21, 2013 11:38 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2013 11:38 AM EST|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola woman is recovering from severe burns after a fire broke out in her apartment.
Fire rescue officials said the woman was trapped in the fifth-floor apartment when the blaze started Saturday night. Rescuers were able to find her and transport her to the hospital.
The Pensacola News Journal (http://tinyurl.com/avafsg5) reports that several others were also evacuated from the building.
The state fire marshal is investigating but preliminary reports indicate the fire was likely caused by smoking in bed.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft