BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after an 18-year-old woman who has been missing for nearly more than weeks was found dead in southwest Florida.
Hernando County Sheriff's deputies said a missing persons report was filed on Deanna Lee Stires on New Year's Day.
Authorities said Sunday that they had recovered her body over the weekend.
Deputies said they are investigating to determine how Stires died.
No other details were released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th