|Published:||Jan 21, 2013 11:37 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2013 11:37 AM EST|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after an 18-year-old woman who has been missing for nearly more than weeks was found dead in southwest Florida.
Hernando County Sheriff's deputies said a missing persons report was filed on Deanna Lee Stires on New Year's Day.
Authorities said Sunday that they had recovered her body over the weekend.
Deputies said they are investigating to determine how Stires died.
No other details were released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes