|Published:||Jan 21, 2013 10:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 22, 2013 10:31 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Here at home, there are mixed emotions on this inauguration night. Local Democrats held a big inauguration ball of their own.
But a Cape Coral man feels so strongly about our president that he's showing his anger in a very visible way and his neighbors say it's unpatriotic.
"The first time was historical, this time is deeply meaningful, validating and personal," said State Democratic Party Chair candidate Allison Tant
The Lee County Democrats held a ball of their own to celebrate in Fort Myers.
"It is our kickoff to celebrate working for the next four years," said Lee County Democrat Connie Besco.
Besco is with Lee County Democrats and says just in the past few years the local Democratic party has been going through some big changes like setting aside stubbornness and working with everyone to get the job done.
"We are trying to be inclusive and be for the good of the country and pull everybody in and listen to both sides and try to find solutions to problems," she said.
But not everyone is happy about today's presidential inauguration. One Cape Coral man felt so strongly about president Obama being elected for another term, he is flying an American Flag upside down.
He would'nt speak to us on camera, but says the country is now in distress and heading even more in the wrong direction.
"The American flag is something that is true to me and I would not turn it upside down, touch it to the ground," said neighbor Jane DuPuy.
"To me when you are disrespecting the flag and flying it upside down, that is a show of disrespect," said neighbor Dana Smith.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption