CEDAR KEY, Fla. (AP) - A Cedar Key man has been killed in a hunting accident.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission investigators said 63-year-old John Freddrick Alford was hunting hogs with a youth on private property in Rosewood on Saturday.
At some point during the hunt, the pair separated. The youth saw several hogs crossing a narrow road and allegedly shot one with a 16-gauge shotgun loaded with buckshot. Alford was about 200 feet from the shooter and was hit by buckshot.
He was pronounced dead at a Gainesville hospital.
Wildlife officials are investigating the shooting. No other details were released and authorities did not reveal the youth's age.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond
- SWFL man's dream vacation turns into nightmare