|Published:||Jan 21, 2013 11:31 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2013 11:31 AM EST|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 26-year-old Immokalee man has been arrested after calling 911 10 times seeking a ride to Mexico or other places.
The Naples Daily News (http://bit.ly/XvE1ff ) reports Alvaro Francisco was arrested Sunday after the repeated calls to 911. He faces a misdemeanor charge of misusing the 911 system.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says Francisco began making calls at 8:16 p.m. Saturday and continued until 12:45 a.m. Sunday. Each time he asked for either a ride to Mexico or the homes of his boss and friends.
Dispatchers told Francisco that his calls were not an emergency and that he should not call 911 for such requests.
The responding deputy says Francisco smelled of alcohol when he was arrested.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space