|Published:||Jan 21, 2013 11:31 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2013 11:31 AM EST|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 26-year-old Immokalee man has been arrested after calling 911 10 times seeking a ride to Mexico or other places.
The Naples Daily News (http://bit.ly/XvE1ff ) reports Alvaro Francisco was arrested Sunday after the repeated calls to 911. He faces a misdemeanor charge of misusing the 911 system.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says Francisco began making calls at 8:16 p.m. Saturday and continued until 12:45 a.m. Sunday. Each time he asked for either a ride to Mexico or the homes of his boss and friends.
Dispatchers told Francisco that his calls were not an emergency and that he should not call 911 for such requests.
The responding deputy says Francisco smelled of alcohol when he was arrested.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam