|Published:||Jan 20, 2013 10:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 20, 2013 10:51 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A 2-year-old boy is recovering after falling more than a dozen feet from the bleachers at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg. Fire rescue officials said the boy was crawling up the bleachers Saturday night and fell 15 feet through a small gap.
Fire and Rescue spokesman Joel Granata said the boy was crying and alert after the fall, but the extent of his injuries were not known. He was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the boy is expected to be OK.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire