|Published:||Jan 19, 2013 8:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 19, 2013 8:40 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla - A huge thank you to our WINK News viewers and all of Southwest Florida for making the WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk a huge success.
More than 900 walkers were at the event on Saturday at Miromar Outlets in Estero and helped the hunger walk exceed its fund raising goal.
More than $339,000 dollars was raised through online donations, team pledges and donations made in person at Saturday's walk. Billy Fuccillo of Fuccillo Kia also boosted donations right before the walk by offering a $50,000 matching pledge on Friday.
Proceeds from the hunger walk benefit the Harry Chapin Food Bank. The food bank, with its resources, is able to turn ever dollar raised, into $6 worth of food. The Harry Chapin Food Bank supplies food to over 170 service agencies in Southwest Florida and serves over 30,000 people in need every month.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP