|Published:||Jan 19, 2013 8:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 19, 2013 8:40 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla - A huge thank you to our WINK News viewers and all of Southwest Florida for making the WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk a huge success.
More than 900 walkers were at the event on Saturday at Miromar Outlets in Estero and helped the hunger walk exceed its fund raising goal.
More than $339,000 dollars was raised through online donations, team pledges and donations made in person at Saturday's walk. Billy Fuccillo of Fuccillo Kia also boosted donations right before the walk by offering a $50,000 matching pledge on Friday.
Proceeds from the hunger walk benefit the Harry Chapin Food Bank. The food bank, with its resources, is able to turn ever dollar raised, into $6 worth of food. The Harry Chapin Food Bank supplies food to over 170 service agencies in Southwest Florida and serves over 30,000 people in need every month.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis