|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 7:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 7:37 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla - A huge thank you to our WINK News viewers for making donations on Friday and helping the WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk exceed its fund raising goal.
Our original goal was to raise $270,000. But with your help, and a matching pledge of $50,000 from Billy Fuccillo of Fuccillo Kia, by Friday night we had raised at least $330,000 with more donations still coming in.
Proceeds from the hunger walk go to the Harry Chapin Food Bank. The food bank, with its resources, is able to turn ever dollar raised, into $6 worth of food. The Harry Chapin Food Bank supplies food to over 150 service agencies in Southwest Florida and serves over 30,000 people in need every month.
The walk is being held at Miromar Outlets in Estero on Saturday, January 19th. Registration begins at 8:30 and the walk begins at 9:30. Joins us and help us wipe our hunger in our community.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school