|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 12:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 5:13 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A teen was hit by a car this morning outside Island Coast High School in the Cape. It happened near the intersection of De Navarra Parkway and DE 22 Avenue.
The accident, according to friends, happened when Jonathan Cruz was being dropped off at school this morning. His mother stopped on the south side of De Navarra Parkway and, moments later, Jonathan was hit as he crossed the street heading to the school. Remnants of the crash are still at the accident site.
A portion of a grill from the Ford Ranger that witnesses say hit Jonathan remains on the scene.
WINK News has learned the teen is in critical condition with a broken hip and swelling in his brain.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County