|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 12:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 5:13 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A teen was hit by a car this morning outside Island Coast High School in the Cape. It happened near the intersection of De Navarra Parkway and DE 22 Avenue.
The accident, according to friends, happened when Jonathan Cruz was being dropped off at school this morning. His mother stopped on the south side of De Navarra Parkway and, moments later, Jonathan was hit as he crossed the street heading to the school. Remnants of the crash are still at the accident site.
A portion of a grill from the Ford Ranger that witnesses say hit Jonathan remains on the scene.
WINK News has learned the teen is in critical condition with a broken hip and swelling in his brain.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted