|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 12:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 12:22 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Hillsborough County State Attorney Mark Ober is expected to testify in the defamation suit against radio shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge Clem.
The trial was in its fifth day in Tampa on Friday.
Rival radio host Todd "MJ" Schnitt is suing Clem over remarks he made five years ago on air.
Clem is accused of making defamatory remarks about Schnitt and his wife, former Assistant State Attorney Michelle Schnitt.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/XkaJ3M ) reports that the trial resumed with a former cast member of Schnitt's show. She recounted harassing encounters she had with followers of Clem, known as "Bubba's Army."
The lawsuit claims Clem incited his fans, known as "Bubba's Army," to harass and threaten the Schnitts and his cast members.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI