PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Peace River Wildlife Center has taken in an eagle that suffered electrical shock and survived.
The eagle was found in Punta Gorda Isles.
PRWC says most eagles don't make it after this kind of injury.
Due to the long recovery process, this eagle may not be able to be released back into the wild. PRWC is home to many permanently disabled animals.
(The photos were provided by the PRWC. The first shows the eagle five days after his arrival at the facility. The second photo shows what he looked like on arrival.)
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.