|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 12:16 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 5:42 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- An accident involving a motorcycle at Radio Rd. and Santa Barbara Blvd. left one person injured Friday afternoon.
The motorcyclist, later identified as 21-year-old Andre Borro, sustained minor injuries.
The second vehicle involved was a fully marked emergency vehicle, which was being driven with the lights and siren activated. That car stopped at the edge of the intersection prior to proceeding through, due to a steady red signal. But when it entered into the intersection, Borro drove through anyway. The front of his motorcycle collided into the right side of the emergency vehicle.
Borro was thrown from the bike.
Traffic was diverted briefly.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption