|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 12:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 12:21 PM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - A man on probation for sexual activity with a miniature donkey is back in jail on unrelated charges.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/U6wAhF) reports that 32-year-old Carlos R. Romero was arrested Thursday on a warrant for dealing in stolen property and violation of Florida's pawnbroker act. Ocala Police say he stole 16 train batteries.
On Dec. 14, Romero accepted a plea offer from the State Attorney's Office for a year of probation and a $200 fine, avoiding jail at the time. He pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a miniature donkey named Doodle.
Since then, Romero says he has been living in the woods or his pickup truck and eating food from Dumpsters. He says he didn't know he had a warrant for his arrest and thinks the charges are bogus.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool