|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 12:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 12:27 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Police say a woman was killed in a crash shortly after trying to run over two people who were walking on a sidewalk in Tampa.
According to Tampa police, the crash took place moments after a fight broke out early Friday between two women at the Interstate Lounge. Several witnesses and an officer saw a car accelerate and drive on the sidewalk where two pedestrians were walking. One jumped out of the way and the other was knocked down.
The officer pursued the car, which crashed when 25-year-old Kathleen Trombley lost control and slammed into a pole. She died at the scene and 38-year-old Patrick Simmons was taken to the hospital with a broken leg.
The pedestrians weren't injured. It's not clear whether they had been fighting with the driver.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape