|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 12:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 12:27 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Police say a woman was killed in a crash shortly after trying to run over two people who were walking on a sidewalk in Tampa.
According to Tampa police, the crash took place moments after a fight broke out early Friday between two women at the Interstate Lounge. Several witnesses and an officer saw a car accelerate and drive on the sidewalk where two pedestrians were walking. One jumped out of the way and the other was knocked down.
The officer pursued the car, which crashed when 25-year-old Kathleen Trombley lost control and slammed into a pole. She died at the scene and 38-year-old Patrick Simmons was taken to the hospital with a broken leg.
The pedestrians weren't injured. It's not clear whether they had been fighting with the driver.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads