|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 1:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 6:35 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Boo Boo the runaway pet grizzly bear from Collier County has been captured. The cub disappeared from his Golden Gate Estates home around 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
The 2 year old bear had been on quite a journey. His home is on 43rd Avenue Northeast, but on Friday morning he was found blocks away on 31st Avenue Northeast. Officials were able to tranquilize him and bring him home. Since Tuesday, wildlife officials, local law enforcement, and owner Dexter Osborn, had been searching for Boo Boo after he ran away from his home.
Mitts Mravic said the cub was spotted on Thursday around sunset, but because of the darkness, couldn't see him. Then hours later, on Friday afternoon, he was seen again in the same area.
"Eventually they located the bear,we were able to corner him in the woods, our biologist was able to shoot it with a tranquilizer, the bear went a couple hundred feet because of the tranquilizer, and then laid down from the tranquilizerfrom the tranquilizer," said Captain Mravic.
Officials havent said who will be paying for this search or how the bear got out. And even though Osborn had the proper permits to own the bear, and two others, there's still a chance he could be cited or fined.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh, no one hurt