|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 1:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 6:35 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Boo Boo the runaway pet grizzly bear from Collier County has been captured. The cub disappeared from his Golden Gate Estates home around 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
The 2 year old bear had been on quite a journey. His home is on 43rd Avenue Northeast, but on Friday morning he was found blocks away on 31st Avenue Northeast. Officials were able to tranquilize him and bring him home. Since Tuesday, wildlife officials, local law enforcement, and owner Dexter Osborn, had been searching for Boo Boo after he ran away from his home.
Mitts Mravic said the cub was spotted on Thursday around sunset, but because of the darkness, couldn't see him. Then hours later, on Friday afternoon, he was seen again in the same area.
"Eventually they located the bear,we were able to corner him in the woods, our biologist was able to shoot it with a tranquilizer, the bear went a couple hundred feet because of the tranquilizer, and then laid down from the tranquilizerfrom the tranquilizer," said Captain Mravic.
Officials havent said who will be paying for this search or how the bear got out. And even though Osborn had the proper permits to own the bear, and two others, there's still a chance he could be cited or fined.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic