|Published:||Jan 18, 2013 11:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2013 11:18 PM EST|
SANIBEL, Fla.- Crews spent the day under the Sanibel Causeway inspecting the bridge on Friday.
The Lee County Department of Transportation paid a company $160,000 to monitor hairline cracks in the support beams. They first showed up in 2009, just a couple of years after the bridge was built.
Officials say the bridge is safe.
A report should be completed in a couple of months.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters