|Published:||Jan 17, 2013 11:12 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2013 11:12 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a teller at a Bank of America branch in Tampa helped another man rob the bank.
Tampa police say a 911 caller reported a suspicious person putting on gloves and a hoodie near the bank around noon on Wednesday.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/XgttkF ) reports an armed robbery call came in as police were responding to the original call. An arriving officer saw someone running from the bank.
Tampa police say the man dropped the bag when he saw police. Officers caught up with 21-year-old Marcus Ryan Halbert after a chase. Officers say Halbert told them he and 20-year-old teller Alan Michael Ethington planned to stage the robbery.
They are charged with grand theft and defrauding a bank. Both confessed to police and are being held in jail.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash