|Published:||Jan 17, 2013 3:02 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2013 11:50 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Both directions of Colonial Boulevard are now re-opened after a deadly overnight accident.
The Fort Myers Police Department says 34-year-old Eric Daniel Pimentel Santiago died on scene, and 23-year-old Luis Manuel Bermudez Santiago was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital trauma alert.
Two motorcycles crashed near the intersection of Colonial and Six Mile Cypress around 2:00 a.m. An early investigation indicates the two were traveling eastbound, lost control and crashed into one another. Officers investigating the crash say the motorcycles were traveling at a high rate of speed of more than 100 mph. Alcohol also played a role in the crash.
The two victims are relatives and whether or not the cousins were racing remains under investigation.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Bonita Springs firefighters give a lesson in boater safety
- Naples Police search for suspect in 'stranger danger' case