|Published:||Jan 17, 2013 6:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2013 6:43 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- This story might remind you of the movie 'Homeward Bound.' It's about a lost Bullmastiff and his long journey from Cape Coral to Minnesota. Now, after two years, "Endo" is on his way home.
Endo has become quite the traveler.
"I guess I would call it an adventure," said Betsy Bode of Animal Allies Humane Society Superior. But his days on the road are soon coming to an end.
"It was a little bitter sweet in the sense that he is a great dog and we really enjoyed having him around."
Betsy Bode took care of Endo for two weeks.
The 4-year-old dog is now en route back to Cape Coral, a place he escaped from two years ago.
"You hear these stories on the news, animals being lost in one place and found in another, and I couldn't believe it was happening right in front of us."
We are told Endo's owners were was shocked when they got the call he had been found in Superior, Wisconsin, thanks to a microchip.
"I don't think they believed it could even be possible," said Bode.
But Endo had quite the journey going from sunny Florida to snowy Minnesota.
"From what we can piece together it was a pretty straight shot from Florida to Minnesota."
They believe he traveled from Cape Coral, to St. Paul; but when he could no longer be cared for there, he went to Duluth and ended up in Superior, Wisconsin.
"He never seemed distressed, he fit right in, warmed up to all of the staff," said Bode.
A volunteer with Mobile Mutts is driving Endo home, seeing his fans along the way. He's already made stops in Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee.
"he had a great send off," Bode explained.
Endo is expected to arrive in Cape Coral on Saturday where he will be reunited with his family. You can track Endo's journey by clicking on this link:
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend