|Published:||Jan 17, 2013 11:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2013 11:58 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The daughter of a woman who was stabbed to death Sunday in Cape Coral reveals just what kind of person her mother was.
"She was a great mom. She was very unconditional," Victoria Lopez, Anna Rivera's daughter, said.
Police said the 45-year-old was found dead in her home on Sunday. Her husband, Porfirio Rivera, was also found with stab wounds. He is now charged with second degree murder.
In a phone interview, Lopez said her mother was abused and was looking for a way out.
"My mother is not a weak woman who would stand abuse she's been through pain and been through a lot of abuse unfortunately, but she would not stay if she had no legitimate reason to stay."
In court on Thursday, Porfirio Rivera asked the judge about pre-trial release because he was worried about losing his job.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash