|Published:||Jan 17, 2013 3:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2013 4:45 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Quick thinking helped to save a life of a woman after she drove her car into a Cape Coral canal. It happened at the intersection of SE 24th Ave. and SE 15th Ter.
The Toyota sped across an empty field and into a canal. The woman inside was able to get out of the car and swim to a nearby dock, where LCEC employee Mark Pruitt was waiting to help her out of the water.
She was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
The scene in still under investigation.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Falling tree impales Fla. man doing yard work