GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla - The search for a missing grizzly bear cub named Boo Boo continues into its second night.
Tuesday, the two year old cub went missing from his home in Golden Gate Estates. The good news is that FWC officials believe Boo Boo is in the area because they have seen fresh tracks.
Ultimately their goal is to keep the area as quiet and calm as possible in hopes that Boo Boo comes home.
The owner, Dexter Osborn has permits to keep three bears in a cage behind his home. He uses the bears for educational purposes to teach people how to live in bear country.
Early Wednesday a bear cage was place just north of the home. The owner also put food out in hopes of luring the cub back.
Anyone who sees Boo Boo is asked to call FWC or local law enforcement.
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th