|Published:||Jan 16, 2013 11:45 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2013 12:04 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Three teenagers were injured after a rollover accident that happened just before 2:00 p.m. on Monday on Grove Blvd. at Polk Dr.
A passenger, 16-year-old Phelisha Doggett, was critically injured and taken to Charlotte Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The driver, 17-year-old Tyler Hartley, was not wearing a seatbelt at the time and sustained serious injuries. He was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital.
Another passenger, 19-year-old Tyler Allen, was taken to Peace River Regional for treatment of minor injuries.
FHP says Hartley was traveling south on Grove Blvd. north of Polk Dr. when he lost control of the vehicle and veered off of the roadway. Hartley attempted to prevent a crash, but overturned into the watery ditch on the west side of Grove Blvd. The vehicle continued overturning and traveling south in the ditch for more than 65 feet.
Charges are still pending.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time