|Published:||Jan 16, 2013 10:57 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2013 10:57 AM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a 59-year-old man has died after being run over by a public transportation bus.
The agency says Joseph Michael Lukowski got out of the bus as it was pulling away from a bus stop in St. Petersburg on Monday. He was run over by the right rear tire.
Authorities say Lukowski was taken to a hospital where he later died.
The FHP was continuing an investigation on Tuesday. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- How hurricanes get their names