|Published:||Jan 16, 2013 4:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2013 5:42 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Death Investigation at 309 NE 18th Avenue has been ruled a homicide. Cape Coral Police Detectives have arrested Porfirio Rivera on charges of 2nd Degree Murder in the death of his wife, Anna Rivera.
On Sunday, Cape Coral Police received a call from a friend of Anna Rivera. The friend told police that she had just received a voicemail from Porfirio Rivera in which Rivera stated that he had killed his wife Anna and was going to kill himself and for the friend to send police to the home.
Officers arrived and made entry to the home to check on the welfare of the couple. Upon entry, Anna’s body was discovered on the kitchen floor in a pool of blood. Anna Rivera was pronounced deceased from multiple apparent stab wounds.
Porfirio Rivera was also on the kitchen floor suffering from apparent self-inflicted stab wounds. Porfirio Rivera was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Porfirio Rivera was interviewed by Cape Coral Police Major Crimes Detectives where he confessed to the crime. He will be taken to the Lee County Jail to be booked on 2nd Degree Murder charges upon his release from the hospital.
Porfirio Rivera has twice been arrested by Cape Coral Police on charges of Domestic Violence Battery; once in August of 2006 and once in October of 2012.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school